Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Monster Calls

A Monster CallsA Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a book that there simply aren't words for. You have to read it to understand.

I read the last half of it at work the other day, and I was frustrated because I wanted to be fully committed to reading, and not have to deal with anything else. I read through lunch, then had a class. One student looked at me and asked if I was okay. I told him I was reading a very emotional book, and I needed to finish it before I could disconnect from it emotionally.

You have to feel for Colin. We all know people whose lives have been touched by cancer, and this book brings that issue to life in such a way that it consumes you.

You simply have to read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment