Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thanks Coach Sloth

Last month (I'm a little behind!) we welcomed author Coach Ryan Sloth. Coach Sloth has written several books about his character Sammy Sloth. I was able to share these books with students before he came in, and they thought they were awesome!





We also did some research about sloths using Britannica Online and posted them out in the hallway for Ryan to see when he came in. Our 1st-3rd graders listened to or read the article on sloths, and picked out their favorite facts to write down. The fourth graders used Keynote on their iPads to insert a picture and some facts.








We were able to amaze Coach Sloth with all we knew about sloths.




The kids really enjoyed hearing about Coach Sloth's history with football, movies and how he decided to become an author. He has inspired a few of our students, who have showed me books that they are writing. He also inspired me! I wrote a book about a year ago, and hadn't done anything with it, but recently I've started sending it out to publishers and literary agents. We are all thankful to Ryan for joining us, and inspiring us!



No comments:

Post a Comment