Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Press Here

To wrap up our reading of the Iowa Goldfinch Award nominees, we read Press Here by Henre Tullet. I don't think I fully appreciated the magic of this book until I saw how students reacted to it. They were in love with the concept of the book and everyone wanted to participate. We passed the book around and students took turns doing each page.

Then, the first and second graders worked on making their own pages of a book using Keynote on their iPads. They used the shapes and transitions to make it look like things happened when you pressed what their instructions told.

These were super fun to play with on the iPads. I created a movie with them, because it is hard to get the effect of pressing on the computer. The video shows how they used transitions to create their effect, but it was lots more fun on the iPads where you could actually tap the shapes.

Overall, I was super impressed by these!




No comments:

Post a Comment