Thursday, November 24, 2011

Melonhead & the Big Stink

Melonhead and the Big StinkMelonhead and the Big Stink by Katy Kelly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first Melonhead book was an instant favorite for me. Melonhead reminds me a lot of the Wimpy Kid series (with a lot more depth) or Clementine or Judy Moody. I literally laughed out loud at some of the parts in this book.

Melonhead is trying to get his parents to let him go to New York and see the "big stink"--a plant that only blooms once every 12 years and is supposed to emit the worst smell ever. However, Melonhead finds himself in trouble, accidentally, and he ends up having to do chores for an older lady down the street. He doesn't see how he will ever get to New York, but his trouble ends up helping him in the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment