Thursday, November 24, 2011

Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series #6)Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I understand why students like these books, but the appeal is just not there for me. This latest book, especially, has very little story line. I got to the end, and seriously wondered what the point of reading it was. I was even kind of confused in the middle because the story kept jumping around and changing--it was like a series of small stories all smooshed together that wasn't entirely coherent. Three stars is a push for me, but I know the kids in my library will love it, so I couldn't rate it less than that!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. But yet we have a waiting list of about 80 when I combine our elementary and middle schools. It was the hottest seller at our recent Scholastic book fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! The kids love it--me, not so much. I need a little (lot) more depth :)

    ReplyDelete