Monday, January 23, 2012

The Kids Are Gonna Love Me (more!)!

Here are the books that I bought at Barnes & Noble last night. Organized into stacks, of course.

Stack #1, which I'm most excited about: a stack of books for boys. It's so hard to find good books for boys, and I have some really good readers that are always running out of things to read! The top book, The Dead I'm super excited about--but I've gotta go back to get book 1, The Enemy. I had some very specific kids in mind when picking these out. 

Stack #2, kind of the lamest stack--basically the ones that didn't fit into another stack. The book on top reminded me of our ag teacher who is always talking about Borlaug, so I couldn't resist. I also didn't know that Jan Brett had a version of Beauty & the Beast! Third graders are reading fairy tales right now, so I'm excited about that one. (Plus, I just saw Beauty & the Beast in 3D today!) The bottom two have covers that will attract every 13 year old girl I know.

A stack of classics that are written at a 3rd-4th grade level. Huck Finn & Tom Sawyer are two of my favorite books, and I think the kids will be excited to see Peter Pan & Pinocchio.

And this is a stack of requests. Tonight on the Titanic I am so excited about, because in April we're doing a Titanic themed unit (on account of the 100th anniversary and because I love, love Titanic). Girls are always begging me for Pretty Little Liars, and I think this is the only one that we didn't have. A 6th grader asked me the other day if we had the next School of Fear books, which we didn't. But now we do! And at the bottom is the 5th Charlie Bone book, which somehow went missing from our collection. Several students have started the series and gotten stuck at book 5--but no longer! 

Plus I saved $83, which is essentially 5 books.

Have I ever told anyone I have the best job ever?!

No comments:

Post a Comment