Friday, August 23, 2013

Things I Forgot & Things I'm Thankful For

It's the Friday after the first full week of school. I've been in my pajamas since 7:30. I ate frozen pizza for dinner, and I'm drinking hot tea, because my voice is half gone. I've got a book waiting for me, so this is going to be a list more than a post.

I forgot...


  • how early 5:45 is
  • how I have to pack up my 4 bags and set out my clothes at night, or I'll never make it on time in the morning
  • how awesome it is when I give a student the perfect book
  • how hard it is to recommend books if I haven't read them
  • that I have to strategically plan my bathroom breaks
  • how small kindergarteners are
  • that students of all ages are obsessed with holding stuffed animals during read aloud
  • that I'd lose my voice after a week of school and coaching volleyball
  • that sometimes I'll only get ten minutes to eat lunch
  • that if I don't get to school 30 minutes early, I will not get a moment to myself before the chaos begins
I'm thankful for...
  • the high school senior girls who came in and checked out books just because they missed reading for fun. 
  • having those same girls each tell me how much they loved the books, and that they stayed up too late reading them
  • two sophomore girls helping me check in and shelve books during their study hall since I've been without an associate 
  • administration that supports me having 5 robotics teams in grades 5-12
  • Pete the Cat and how hard the kindergarteners laughed when he saw his belly button
  • my junior high robotics class and how much they love building and programming LEGO robots
  • the teachers at school that I also call my friends
  • the kids at our school who always greet me and always wish me a good day when they come and go from the library
  • the volleyball girls that I get to coach every day and how they put up with me

And, gotta end this post with some pictures of kids reading! 










No comments:

Post a Comment