Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Memoirs of a Goldfish

Memoirs of a GoldfishMemoirs of a Goldfish by Devin Scillian

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I laughed out loud twice and thought of an idea to use at school this year while reading this book--needless to say, I loved it!

Goldfish is content just living life, swimming around his bowl. Then, day after day, he finds more and more intruders in his little bowl. Eventually, he has had enough and tells them to leave. A whoosh, splash, clank and plunge later, he finds himself all alone in a fresh, clean, but very small, bowl. After swimming around happily, he begins to wonder about the others? Were they okay? Maybe they needed him after all! How could he help them now?

I'm so excited to share this with my students! And this year, I'm adding a small fish tank to the library, so I can't wait to have students write memoirs of our new fish!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment