Thursday, August 11, 2011

Three Hens & a Peacock

Three Hens and a PeacockThree Hens and a Peacock by Lester L. Laminack

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Tucker's farm is a quiet place. Everyone has their job, and everyone gets things done. Until one day, a peacock shows up and gets the hens riled up. The peacock is able to stand at the road and screech all day long, causing cars to stop and buy produce, while the hens have to sit in the henhouse and lay eggs. The farm dog suggests a swap, and the hens get all fancied up in their best beads and bangles. They set out to the road the next day and do their best struts, while the peacock squeezes into the henhouse and tries to lay an egg. The hens and the peacock learn a valuable lesson this day.

The ending of this book is perfect, and the back cover made me laugh out loud! A great farm book for reading aloud, I'm sure my kids will love it!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment