Thursday, April 25, 2013

Paint Chip Poems

I've been scoping out Pinterest periodically to find a fun project to do with all of the paint chips I picked up this summer when trying to figure out how to paint my condo. Let's be honest, I picked up far, far more chips than I needed and bothered a lot of people into which ones they thought looked best. And luckily, I kept them. Finally in my search the other day I found a project with the paint chips AND poems! Whoa!

So, here's the product--students were using colors as a metaphor for a feeling. Then, they were to try to find two examples of that color matching that emotion in their life or the world. Some struggled, as that comparison is sort of complex. Others didn't have enough time. Several of them turned out really well.

Here are a few of my favorites:












I put our whole collection into a Flipsnack book. You can see the first 15 pages below, or click here to see the whole book.



No comments:

Post a Comment