Saturday, April 6, 2013

Thanks, Ame!

A couple of weeks ago, I read "Boy + Bot" to my kindergarten and 1st grade classes. Anyone who knows much about our school knows that we are crazy about robots. We started with a high school robotics team, now we have two high school teams. We also have 3 middle school Lego League teams, and we have Junior Lego League for K-4. We also hosted a robotics camp last year for students in K-6 grades and had over 30 kids. And the biggest robot fan of all...? It's me! The coach of all of these wonderful teams. I absolutely love being involved in robotics. It is so cool to see the ingenuity of students to create robots, and I love making things too. It is an awesome STEM opportunity for our students and I am very proud to be involved in it.

All of this to say, we are crazy about robots, so the kids loved Ame Dyckman's book, "Boy+Bot." I happened to see that she was a Twitter user, so I tweeted at her that the students enjoyed the book. She tweeted right back saying that she would send us stickers and bookmarks. How awesome is that?! Within a week, my kids were wearing their stickers and utilizing those bookmarks.

We spent a class period relishing in our gifts and writing thank you notes to Ame. Here's a video of us in action:






No comments:

Post a Comment